Tuesday 3 April 2007

Are you having a laugh?

Living here in the UK, it is imperative that you get some laughter and enjoyment in your life. The very bleakness and boredom that exists here means one of two things: either you become depressed by it all, or you do whatever it takes to lighten your spirit. I choose the latter, after about two years of wallowing in homesickness.

Never before have I valued the importance of American Black comedy. Yes, alot of it is beyond me, after all there is a cultural difference. And then there is the high volume of cursing that black stand-up comedians seem to think is vital to their repertoire.

But there are a few who bring on the laughs, even if you have to put up with the “cussing”. I find my collection of black stand-up comedy growing these days. My heroes, and current saviours from Sunday afternoon boredom-insanity are:



Richard Pryor























Eddie Murphy

























Steve Harvey

























Bernie Mac

























Eddie Griffin


























Dave Chapelle

No comments: